Tuesday 5 December 2006

Swabs

Less than a week to go now. This morning I had a nose and groin swab, and no, it's not as fun as it sounds. One swab so far up your nose you figure they've hit brain, another down along the line of my undies. At least I didn't have to expose myself and cough or anything. The check is to make sure I don't have anything growing on my skin that'll get into the wound and grow into some new form of life. Tomorrow I get to have blood tests, I have a feeling they'll be rather unexciting, and will not require the lowering of my pants.
The past few days have been bad hand wise - as soon as I type for any prolonged period (i.e. about the length of this post) I start to get pain in the wrist and my fingers curl up until they're nigh unusable. Hopefully this stops happening after I've had the op and some physio.

No comments: