Tuesday 9 February 2010

A Return; or: How I Got Sick Again

I'd let this blog lie fallow for years, not seeing the need to revisit until today. This was because I was looking for some means of comparison to my current recovery to my last one. Yes, my current recovery - a little over a week ago I had spinal surgery for the third time in my life.
In the last year I'd experienced some new symptoms and some worsening of others. I destroyed 2 pairs of shoes because my right leg would often scrape the ground while running. The strength and movement in my right hand had decreased considerably, and my hand often curled up so it was useless, a club at the end of my arm. Getting scans and seeing the neurosurgeon showed that the cyrinx in my neck was once again filled with fluid and was putting pressure on my spinal cord - my original problem from ten years earlier was back and causing brand new problems.

Typing at the moment is tough for more, so more later on what happened...

No comments: