Friday 16 July 2010

Back on the merry-go-round

My visit to the physio ran pretty much to script. I described the problem, he got me to push and pull my arm and wrist through various positions, he remarked on the noticeable comparable weakness in areas associated with C6-C8, mainly around C7. Lot's of words like "Brachial" and "Anterior" got thrown around, but the gist of it was that something was not working right between my brain and my arm.
So, down the hall to the neurosurgeon's office I went. The first available appointment is in September, but the lovely receptionist was going to get my file in front of the doctor so he could ask for any necessary tests before seeing me, instead of drawing things out by seeing me, asking for tests, then seeing me again. One of the benefits of being a regular customer I suppose.
I'm surprisingly upbeat about this at the moment. I'm not sure why - considering it was only in May that I thought I'd never have to see the neurosurgeon again, I'd expect to be a bit more upset or at least disappointed.
Back to the waiting game...

No comments: