Tuesday 13 July 2010

Do you want the bad news?

My sporadic posting continues, as does the bad news. I'd been noticing that some of the exercises given to me by my physio didn't feel quite right - I was lacking a full range of movement in some, felt like I had reduced power and was struggling to complete the longer sets recommended by my physio. Then, one day when kicking back on the couch I realised I couldn't push my right arm straight up without assistance. This is scary. While I've had issues with subtle deterioration in my hand and arm, I've never had outright failure of a major movement like this before. I'm heading back to the physio ASAP and direly hoping it's something muscular and not related to my neck.
That is probably an outrageously optimistic viewpoint and I'll be walking over to my neurosurgeon's office straight after.

To make things more "interesting", I'm working in Canberra at the moment, and it's pretty cold this time of year. Normally my hand claws right up in the cold, but my right arm has been curling in lately as well. I've only spilled three coffees and dropped one sandwich as a result - probably not a bad effort.
I've been continuing to play touch footy as well, but I'm starting to feel like even more of a burden to the team. I'm struggling to get to full pace when I run, and catching and passing are getting harder. Last night I took a fall and landed on my right elbow, jarring my shoulder. I had some very familiar pins and needles straight away, and could barely move my arm for about 15 minutes.

Sp, that's the gloomy view at the moment. Things can only get better though. Right?

No comments: